Orlando Attractions > Orlando Things To Do > Orlando History Center
Orlando History Center
Museum in Downtown Orlando
The Orlando History Center is located within the historic 1920s Orange County Courthouse building.
This grand building has been home to the Orlando History Museum since 2000. The museum opened after the revitalization of the Downtown region.
You'll find five floors of permanent collections on display as well as many rotating exhibitions throughout the year.
The Old County Courtroom
You'll find that the original 1920s courtroom has been preserved beautifully for visitors.
Did you know that this was the very room in which serial killer Ted Bundy was trialled and sentenced? He carved is name into the defendant's courtroom table and it's still there today!
The courtroom is said to be haunted and it's visited by the Orlando Ghost Tour group on their nigh time tours.
Orlando & Central Florida History
- There are extensive exhibits about central Florida, beginning as far back as 12,000 years. Discover what life was like for the first American Indian settlers, before the Europeans came.
- Explore life in the 19th century and see the everyday tools and implements used by people in a pioneer cracker home, such as a butter churn. including everything from the early settlers, to the days when Orlando was known for its' cattle and citrus groves.
- The museum showcases the natural environment of central Florida, including its' plants and animals. It even charts the bizzare Winter Park sinkhole (1981) that opened up a hole 320ft wide and 90ft deep. The sinkhole swallowed a car dealership, public pool and a two story house!
- Find out Orlando's aviation history - from Orlando Air Base to Kennedy Space Center.
- There are collections of more vintage pieces from more recent decades, such as children's toys, games and candy - certainly great for a trip down memory lane!
- What Orlando Museum would be complete without charting the beginnings of tourism? It's all here, the history of pre-Walt Disney World through to today's thriving tourism industry in Orlando.
Map and Address
Orlando History Center is located in the heart of downtown Orlando. It lies east of I-4 at exit 838, just a few blocks away. You can park in the large parking garage located opposite the library on Central Blvd. Parking is free with validation from the Orlando History Museum.
History Museum Information
65 East Central Blvd,
Tel: 407-836-8500 or 800-965-2030
10 AM to 5 PM Monday through Saturday
12 PM to 5 PM Sunday
Closed major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve & New Years Day).
Orlando History Center Admission
- Adults: $12
- Senior Citizens (60+): $9
- College Students & US Military with ID: $9
- Children 5-12 years $7, children 4 years and younger get in free.
- Discounts are available for AAA members.
- Free admission with the Go Orlando Card
Orlando History Center Official WebSite